Friday, September 22, 2006

Spring has sprung!

The recovery schedule includes a slightly longer run today. I opted for the usual weir run but with a longer return leg (with of course more hills!).

As I ran down Scribbly's onto the road along the river I immediately saw Kanangra heading the other way, a quick cheerio and kept on going. About 500m later I heard some voices from behind and it seemed I had dropped in just in front of 2 other runners who turned out to be Barney and a mate. We ran together till just before the weir as they stopped for some water while I kept going. On my return leg up past the rangers hut I saw a multitude of runners, certainly seems the warmer weather and earlier sunrise is encouraging more people to get out.

The distance seemed about right as I was just starting to feel the strain, especially up the hills.

Stats
Distance 14.3km
Time 1:09:00
Avg Pace 4:48
Avg HR 162

In just going back and checking, this is actually my fastest time for this route in training, and I was not consciously racing it! So it seems adaption is progressing. I am still surprised about the quickish recovery from Sunday but am theorising that because I did not go out at race pace the legs did not get a hammering and the slow last 7km was more due to lack of distance in the legs.

Lets see how things go on Sunday at the STaR.

3 comments:

2P said...

It's all looking very good Dave - starting to think Six Foot again yet?

miners said...

I was wondering about the mystery next big goal - I konw 6FT is always on the agenda. But is there also something else you have your eye on?

Ewen said...

Stop talking about the park Dave. I miss that place.