So over to Centennial Park for the Tourist Trot STaR. A good sized group but immediately the pace was on....
I won't rant too much about the group pace but suffice to say I eventually faded at around 18km drifting off the back. If the goal was to run on tired legs then mission accomplished! Also heartening to hear that the bulk of the 6:10 group finally realised that they really should be running 6:20 (especially since they averaged 4:59 pace....)
So to my run
Distance 28km
Time 2:26
Avg Pace 5:14
Climb - Garmin initially says 410 but I will revise that back to 330 after it plotted a 140m peak in the middle of King St.....
Campaign status
Day 16 of 96
Days run 9 (David must be more consistent....)
Total distance 153km
Total climb 1370m
6 comments:
Congratulations on achieving your mission - fun ain't it?
:-)
The group was only 4 at the start and became 6 when we picked up Silver Fox and Jono Worswick. My pace ended up as 4:44 per k, and I thought it was too fast for me on that course. We never did catch the 6:10 group they were still too quick.
Dave, Dave, Dave
When will they learn? After Terry Hills, I thought you had this problem licked. Obviously not. Back to the drawing board!
It wouldn't be a Star run without stuffed up pacing ;)
Talking to one's self is a worry Dave.
Merry Christmas Dave :-)
Hopefully see you running around somewhere in 2007.
Merry Christmas Dave ;-)
Post a Comment