Took the opportunity of the last autumn night series orienteering event which was close to home, being at Macquarie Park. Felt pretty comfortable about the map layout and route selection leaving lots of options on the way home.
Everything went pretty smoothly, no issues with any of the controls and in some sections with a bigger gap between controls I got a decent pace going.
Finished up just over a minute late :( for a 20 point penalty but when my tally went up on the leaderboard I earned 470 points net which was sitting in second place just behind veteran speedster Michael Burton with 490!
More importantly the stats were 9.07km in 46:09 for an average of 5:05 min/km and avg HR of 177. Interestingly we ran the same map (with different controls) back in December, where running in the daylight I knocked out 9.56km in 46:27!
Pity I won't be able to run the Orienteering Night Championships on Saturday night but have prior plans....
1 comment:
You must still be on US time :)
Nice work with the pace and the points - 2nd is a great result penalty or no penalty.
Post a Comment