Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sweet home....

Sydney, not Alabama!

Yes I'm back in Oz thank goodness. So a quick summary of recent events.

Another run in New Orleans, this being my annual run with my French colleague from work who just ran a 2:57 at New York last year. A nice tempo style run along most of the course from the day before, pretty toasted at the end. That completed my US runnign shenanigans with post conference drinks etc wiping out any chance for another dig.

Back in Sydney late Friday night with a full day planned for Saturday so I headed off to Waverton on Sunday for the STaR. Actually quite pleased with the run as the Harbourside Hike is a little under-rated, seems every corner you go around there is another up or down slope to deal with. Also quite amusing to see the guys that I berated a few weeks ago for running too fast for the 6am group, now at the front of the 6:10 group, and still running too fast, sigh. Ended up knocking out 24km which on the jet lagged body was adequate.

Today - another session for penance for the sins of recent past with hill reps. I have decided to call this session Crazy Cox's since the SWEAT guys have Wild Wally etc. Today was certainly a challenge and eye opener as I struggled. Ended up with 10 reps @ 1:37, a fair cry from last October with an average of 1:28, still I suppose I know where I am coming from and get get to......

2 comments:

2P said...

Welcome home Dave - post conference drinks are very important networking opportunities ;-)

Horrie said...

Good to see you getting back into it after your recent work travels. It will be interesting to see what you can do with some consistency.