Back out this morning on my usual 10km recovery run. Somehow managed to incite a muscle spasm in my neck before getting up which is just annoying more than anything else.
A great morning for running, a little cooler with a nice breeze but plenty of daylight. As usual once I get into LCNP barely see a soul, but there was a lot of branches etc on the ground as a result of yesterday afternoon's high winds.
The stats
10.2km @50:24 = pace of 4:56min/km and avg hr of 166.
Interesting, a faster pace than yesterdays effort but a much lower avg HR, goes to show those hills yesterday were deceiving....
A longer run tomorrow (say 15km) with a rest on Saturday and then I'm in 2 minds for Sunday. I've entered the much hyped Nike 10km run. Not sure to treat it as a full on race to see how I might go for the final Striders 10km next week or to go out and do the STaR and have a bit of a hit and giggle style run for the Nike. The course looks flat and so a PB could be begging but it will surely be a lot more crowded than the usual Striders 10k at Homebush.
No comments:
Post a Comment