Wow, that sounds like a long time, almost half a year....
First things first, state goal races.
1. 6 foot track (19 weeks away)
2. Canberra Marathon (24 weeks away)
Current PB's are
Marathon - Canberra 3:22:01 (2004 debut)
Half Marathon - Striders Internal Half 1:33:47 (2004)
10km - Striders 41:24 (Homebush 2004)
Current weight 77kg
Coming off a fairly low recent base after a calf injury, followed by shorter runs over the Australian Orienteering Championships but did manage my half PB just over a week ago! (also have run just over 1750km so far this year though)
So the major targets are to run 6 foot (not flat out, but more for the experience) and then return to Canberra to better my PB above. I'm assuming other PB's will drop along the way as the training takes hold. Also this time last year I had only just run my first half and was just starting my campaign for my first marathon at Canberra.
Given Canberra is the main target I'm going to base my preparation on a 18 week program from "Advanced Marathoning" by Pfitzinger/Douglas. So this gives me around 6 weeks to build a solid base before the milage starts creeping up. Given work and other commitments however I'm sure I'll be adapting the program as required.
It seems that everyone is starting to Blog after Mart started the trend and since I set this up quite a while ago it will now also serve the dual purpose of saving my wife, Justine's, sanity through letting me vent/obsess via this Blog!
So the first phase of my training will look something like this :
Sunday - long run with the Sydney Striders (STAR)
Monday - rest and Pilates class
Tuesday - Intervals/Speed/Hill work
Wednesday - Tempo run with Summer Series Orienteering
Thursday - recovery
Friday - 2nd longest run and Pilates class
Saturday - rest/recovery
Should see me at around 60-70km per week. The Pilates classes are designed to maintain and strengthen my core muscles since I did experience problems last year from core muscle imbalances, ITB to name one. I'll also look to supplement with spin classes when/where I feel the urge and have the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment