Straight from the trenches a report on the Nike "The Race That You Want" at Sydney Olympic Park.
Alas it was actually the race that I didn't want :(
All good intentions up front but just got myself too hyped up. The signs were there with my first km split at 3:42, way too hot and even though I eased up the second km was still below target pace. As I posted on Cool Running the lungs then started to complain and I dwindled away to running 4:30 km in general and finished in 44:00. Very frustrating that this was the same time I did for the first 10km in my recent Half PB over a tougher course.
Not much more to say, other than while I had to wait around forever to get my bag back (Grr) I have seized up and the left hip/groin is quite stiff (no stiff groin jokes thankyou very much).
Time to completely rethink my 10km approach. I seem to have the longer runs sorted out but cannot manage myself over the shorter distances.
Just for posterity and a continuing reminder for me, here are the splits and avg Hr for each KM
1km 3:42 3:42 166hr
2km 3:56 7:38 175hr
3km 4:18 11:57 178hr
4km 4:25 16:22 178hr
5km 4:40 21.02 175hr
6km 4:37 25:39 174hr
7km 5:03 30:41 174hr
8km 4:38 35:19 174hr
9km 4:18 39:37 179hr
10km 4:24 44:01 176hr
No comments:
Post a Comment