Still a bit tight in the hips/pelvic area so opted to head over to the physio for a better informed assessment than my searches over the internet (things like Oestio Pubis and Sports Hernia sounded very scary). With the extra day rest it was starting to be harder to isolate the pain and cause of the pain. Anyway the physio was not keen on me running but I thought the worst that could happen would be for the pain to return and then at least it would be easier to isolate cause/effect...
The start was based at Naremburn and most of the running would be through the Artarmon/Naremburn area around the Gore Hill Freeway and Hornsby rail line.
For anyone interested here is a link to the map
http://www.users.bigpond.com/dmbray/Artarmon%20Creek.jpg
If you look you can see the controls are broken up into 3 groupings and I decided to hit the closest group first as it seemed you would probably struggle to pick them up on the way back from the other 2 groups. The start/finish is the triangle in pretty much the centre of the map.
So a quick warmup with no traumas and I was off.
Pretty easy early up with 1,11 21 and 7. Then down the hill and under the freeway for 15 and a lap around the sports ovals with 22,6,23,10,24,14,29 and 25. The hip was starting to complain a bit but headed back under the freeway, picked up 16 after a little thinking and then along the outside of the freeway sound barrier to the next grouping with 2 very obvious.
Number 3 was a complete pain, on a rock face which was obvious on the map but there were about 5-6 rock faces and the one with the control was a little further up than expected. Spent too much time here, but also actually cooled down a little and when the running started again it was noticably more painful.
Picked up 13, up and back to 30, across to 4 and then 19 and then a good run up to 28, but I struggled to stretch out. The plan was to get 8 and then17, 27 but being a little distracted I turned the wrong way coming out under the railway and ended up relocating to 5. 20 was easy but time was really running out and I lost a lot of time (5-6 minutes) at 26 and 9, in fact I did not even find 9 but found out afterward went pretty much straight past it. Picked up 12 on the way back was pretty ticked off for a multitude of reasons. Ended up with 520 points but was back 11 minutes late and so probably ended up with 410 points. It looks like the top scores were 530.
Once cooled down it was obvious whatever my problem is was not good, headed home for ice. Early client meeting tomorrow morning on site so I'll have to wait and book with the physio once finished. At least it will be easy to identify cause/effect.
No comments:
Post a Comment