Thursday, June 22, 2006

Rat race

Travelling again and time meant I opted to try the treadmill at the hotel for a session of 500m reps. First problem was in trying to program the bloody things as it was only showing miles and I could not work out how to move it to km. So a few minutes of mental arthimetic to determine a km to m pace for my reps and I was off.

Warmed up first for a mile (of course!) and then into the 500's. I set the pace at 5.36 min/m which equates to 3:30 min/km and then ran for 1:45 with then 1 minute standing rest. At rep 6 I upped the pace to 5.25 min/m (approx 3:20 min/km) but kept the time sequencing the same. I suspect that the treadmill may have been a little out in calibration (or am I just running faster better?) but regardless it was a good session, finished off with a mile cool down.

4 comments:

miners said...

I'd need a good lie-down after all that maths work

Superflake said...

Congrats on getting the medal as well Dave. I'm the same I have a few finished! medals and thats it.I figured I was anchor because I was the slowest of the 4. Good luck at W2G don't let the Dog beat you.

Jen said...

It's not the machine - you are running faster better. What a silly question ;-)

See you tomorrow! Still car pooling? Let me know.

J

Wobbly man said...

Well done on working out the paces! I would have just set it to a comfy pace and used it as an excuse for not having a hard session!