Gee it was bloody cold this morning, a quick look at the kids thermometer on the window showed 4 degrees!!
The glutes and lower back were a little tight after the hill reps yesterday and I decided for a recovery run rather than my planned 1km reps, especially with the 12km XC race looming on Saturday.
So a nice jaunt around North Ryde for 5km, with gloves and beanie on but still just a running t shirt and shorts.
Stats
Distance 4.9km
Time 27:13
Avg pace : 5:33
Avg HR : 145
Then popped over to see Martin Horne again to continue the good progress being made on the achilles, a few needles there and on the ITB alng with another injection of the homeopathic anti inflam and things are looking up!
To answer Brendan's question the impact on the fitness of racing on Saturday followed by the long run on Sunday is certainly having a positive impact on the fitness and something I will look to continue. Up to now I really have not run on Saturdays as a way of being fresh for the long runs on Sunday but in shuffling the program and workouts around a bit I think this will make a good difference down the line!
For sure another easy/recovery run tomorrow followed by an absolute thrashing Saturday afternoon at the State XC champs, which I hear has an impressive hill included in the 4km loop that we run 3 times !
4 comments:
C'mon Dave, it was still minus one at midday here today!
Best of luck for the State XC on Saturday mate - hope it will be perfect prep for woodford
See you Saturday!
4 degrees, Dave? Positively tropical!
Post a Comment