Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Hill day

Yes back to my favourite hill in North Ryde for more mayhem. Luckily today was a bit cooler than yesterday!

What can I report? The standard 10 reps with warm up/down thrown in for good measure. Certainly nothing left in the legs by the 10th rep and it was a good thing I hadn't eaten otherwise it would have been a close thing for breakkie to reappear.

The most pleasing aspect is that the more consisent sessions do seem to be paying off. This week (only 9 days after the marathon) I posted my best average time ever with a full 2 second reduction from 2 weeks ago off the same recovery time!!!

Then into the Tiger's den for some maintenance, have not blogged it but my shins have developed some tenderness in the last week. After some prodding and poking which nearly induced tears in the eyes Gary decided that Jen's tib ant issue has come to visit me :( Anyway it is not affecting my running (yet) so some good remedial and preventative work hopefully will sort it out.

Then as I was leaving who was the next vict.. er appointment other than the aforementioned Jen!

3 comments:

Ewen said...

Good about the hill repeats but bad about the shins. Jen must be contagious.

Jen said...

Haha. I promise I'm not contagious!!!

Great hill session BTW Dave - that's a huge improvement on the last session

Bernie G said...

That's a pretty impressive effort particularly so soon after the marathon.