Friday, September 08, 2006

Storm & Tempo

No this post is not about Storm from Supernova being cut.....

Thursday my recovery session rapidly turned into a rest session as the rain bucketed down and the thunder belowed. With the lurgy still lurking in the background no need to go out and ask for trouble!

Friday I decided for a tempo run to the weir and back. This is a tough course but I ground out a sub 50 minute for the 11 odd km which is close to my best.

Work this week has been very ying and yang. That coupled with various deaths/passings around the place have been a bit of a downer :(

Anyway in my Striders prez persona been busy working on trying to align the planets for pacers next Sunday in the half and full marathons. Things seem mostly under control but a few gaps, especially around 3:30 for the full, seems I might need to don the flag. Probably a bit underdone to do this but I've cranked out three sub 3:30 mara's and each one has been led off from a too hard too early approach. At least if I have to run a bit slower early it might be a relevation????

1 comment:

2P said...

Nice job on the Friday run Dave - looking good for next Sundie