A different run today, wanted to knock out some intervals but also wanted a little bit of distance. So I opted to do a longish warm up (lets call it 8km!) through LCNP to Rotary Park and then some short sharp quick stuff.
By the time I got to Rotary it was quite warm but a breeze was blowing, only problem was that it seemed to be blowing straight into my face along the back straight!
In deference to the half marathon on Sunday I decided to do only 6 400m reps and after a slowish first rep got into the swing of things.
6 x 400m reps in average of 1:24.5 with 1:30 standing recovery.
Home up the hill which is always a bit of a challenge on somewhat lactic legs.....
Somewhat surprising today to see that I seem to have lost another kg. Gee a chunk of flesh out of the forehead seems to be a bit extreme for weight loss but somewhat effective :)
So now to the questions/comments
DTI - this anacronym is very important to many runners. The better the DTI the easier it is to stick with a training and race schedule. If the DTI starts to fall then things are seriously in trouble and it needs some focus otherwise your running can suffer some serious setbacks when least expected. So what is the DTI and why have you not heard of it before?
The Domestic Tranquility Index is directly proportional to your significant other's tolerance level of any planned running committment. While runnning with an injury is risky, continuing to maintain training/racing levels with a low DTI can be VERY detrimental to your health :)
I devoted an entire day today to ensure my DTI is in tip top shape with the planned demand for GNW looming!
For R2B, no results back yet from the biopsy and yes I am deadly serious about a weekly 30km run. Luckily with Striders we have a 30km on offer every Sunday and it is a very important factor in many people's Six Foot Prep!
3 comments:
So very, very true Dave - the DTI is an exceedingly important component in training/racing - or said anoter way - it's a fine line between pleasure and pain.
Middle of the night running could help with the DTI Dave. Or... you could browse the blouse shops together.
Looking forward to seeing the map of Tasie scar ;)
I get it now....DTI.
Thanks for the update - and the reminder to work on my DTI.
The things we do heh - to keep my DTI level high I have promised to take all the kids/hubby to Dreamword immediately after our Kurrawa race in December. I will struggle for energy but the kids seem to think I might willingly sit down on a crazy ride with them just to get off my legs :)
Post a Comment