Sunday, October 29, 2006

Intensity = right up there :)

With designated tasks this morning to optimise the DTI I had to bypass the flatish STaR but with daylight saving now in effect I slipped out this afternoon for a run to determine how much was really left in the legs after my bush sojourn yesterday.

So the course was my tempo route which I think I'll rename the "C2S prep" course given it's 14km distance and inclusion of some nice inclines. The legs in general felt quite good, with a bit of DOMs in areas not normally felt but also seemingly not normally used in "regular" running.

A little bit slower than my recent best effort over this route on fresh legs but right up there with other runs.

Distance 14.25
Time 1:06:25
Avg Pace 4:39
Avg HR 161

So I'll ease back a little this week with the 10km at Lane Cove and starting a taper for GNW. Speaking of which I did not do any practice mobile blogging but at different points there was enough of a signal so I'll be looking to pound out a few choice thoights as I do some of the climbs and when the signal is strong enough they will hopefully float through to the blog.

3 comments:

2P said...

Nice backing up after 5 hours of slog the day before - it's all looking very good Dave ;-)

Ewen said...

Just try and limit the 'Arghhhs' and 'Bloody Hells'.

TA and the Gnome said...

What ever you do, don't go tripping over a tree root while you "...pound out a few choice thoights...". Be a bit of a pity if your last mobile blog entry was "DNF. Just broke my leg".

Gnome