Tuesday, October 31, 2006

October & cotton wool

So October is done, or at least I won't be doing anymore runs so time for a recap.

But first I've laid low the last 2 days, Sunday night I developed a scratchy throat which has extended itself somewhat so I have canned both Monday and Tuesday's sessions. Feeling somewhat ok at the moment but with less than 2 weeks to go the cotton wool is out and I am contemplating buying a big plastic bubble to live in for the next 10 days, certainly do not want to have another episode like I did at 6 foot so heaps of Garlic and vitamin C etc etc etc.

In non running related news I also spent last night at the Opera House watching our eldest participate in a schools extravaganza, great stuff and the talent of some of the kids on the night was mind boggling.

Summary for October
Distance 321km
Avg Pace 5:39
Total climb 2,700m
Only missed 7 days of running (2 of those being the last 2 of the month!) so certainly getting more consistent. The avg pace is skewed somewhat by Saturday's effort. Interestingly enough these stats are almost identical to January when I was prepping for 6 foot but only climbed 2000m

November will be a big one for obvious reasons but I'll also have (yet) another crack at the 10km PB on Saturday if the lurgy continues to fade away.

7 comments:

2P said...

Difinitely into the nuffin stoopid phase Dave - take some Zinc too ;-)

Great stats for the month mate.

Ewen said...

That 2,700m of climbing is an interesting stat! What would we do without Garmins?

Look after yourself Dave - go the bubble.

Superflake said...

Go the 10k PB. Great month Dave, plenty of fuel for a good 100k debut.

Don Juan said...

Looking good for a big finish to the year.

And most improved Strider at the annual awards; I'm sure it won't raise any eyebrows as President to take home 2 or 3 awards.

miners said...

yeah, let's hope we don't see any taper-niggle-sniffles over the next few weeks. Best of luck with that sub-40 too mate :)

Clairie said...

Go the cotton wool Dave!!

Will be interesting to see how the 10km goes after such consistent training. I have no idea how you fit everything in!!

miners said...

So don't tell me it's not getting any better? Best of luck with the lurgies mate :)