To paraphrase from that TV ad welcome back legs!
After yesterday's schmozzle I was very keen to get out for a real thrashing today and so opted for a tempo run over my 14km course. I popped a cap over the bandage so I did not look too wierd!
The legs felt very fresh as I headed off and as such the pace was pretty good. On the way down to the weir I thought I saw Spud on his bike and sure enough as I started running up along the 10km course he came back and said he'd catch up to me. He only just made it as I was at the gates at the top of the hill. We both briefly stopped and chatted about C2K and also maintaining our respective DTI's, good to see you mate!
The legs did feel a little heavy on the rises but the speed was still pretty good. By the time I got to Cox's Rd and the downhill I was still running well so I kept the momentum going all the way home.
Stats
Distance 14.2km
Time 1:02:58
Avg Pace 4:25
Avg HR 168
Very pleased with this run, again on a rolling course. This is another 2.5 minutes off the recent fastest time. This is getting close to 26miles guideline of 14km tempo in an hour, which I reckon I could certainly do on a flatter route right now!
Body wise, the legs now seem to have recovered fully from FFFTM and no niggles seemingly. The head was throbbing a little but the bandage is gone and I'm feeling a little more normal again!
Thanks for the comments and feedback on both my little misadventure yesterday as well as my decision to take a walk on the dark side!
4 comments:
We need pictures :)
BTW what is a DTI? Is that a really absurd question?
OK, did I get this straight? You decide to do the 100k, and *then* the doctor lets some of your brains out. Shouldn't it have been the other way around?
Another one gone... Ah well, good luck at it anyhow :-)
Gnome
Big run youv'e got planned there Dave!
Question what is a DTI?
Is your Biopsy clear?
And did you mean it when you suggested 30km runs every week?
Cheers R2B
DTIs??? Maybe you should run a comp.
My guess is "Don't try it" :-)
Post a Comment