
A variety of factors, including DTI maintenance saw me reluctantly bypass the Central Coast Half, opting instead for my first STaR for quite a while. I had heard/read a few things about (sigh) pacing at STaR's and so was very amused when the 6:10 group started to form. One of the main fast pace culprits (lets call him tiger) noticed my presence and immediately announced his intent to run 6:20 this week. So a fairly subdued bunch headed out. Regardless it was still a good pace in cool and wet conditions around Homebush/Meadowbank. Some slight twinges in the LH hammie extended down to the calf at around 20km and I started drifting a little, opting to take the short cut.
Monday was a break and today I headed out for a reconnoitre of the Striders Xmas brunch course at Terrey Hills/Duffy's Forest. Some work to do to get the whole thing mapped out yet....
The Stealth title refers to my official kick off to the Six Foot Campaign :)
Days into campaign 3
Days run 2
Total campaign distance 38km
Total climb 195m
More details on the stealth runs when I reappear next.....
2 comments:
Great to have you back Dave - and glad to hear that training for the rematch has kicked off !
You're a bit late Dave - 2P's been into Stealth training for the last month ;)
Post a Comment