Friday, October 29, 2004

Longer run

Friday will usually be when I have my second longest run. Today I'm heading for around 15km on another one of my well worn paths. The thing I do like about running in the Ryde area is there are no shortage of hills, so there is always something to think about. This run is no exception, headed through LCNP and following the bike path up a nasty little pinch to the northern side of Lane Cove Rd before heading towards Macquarie Centre and then another bike path to Quarry Rd (with another nice hill with a great view towards the city before heading down to the Field of Mars).

Target pace for my longer runs is also 5min/km at the moment. It's again slightly cooler today and I'm pretty comfortable with the pace but do have to work at it on the slopes. I'm on pace but there's a nasty little down/up section right at the end (I sometimes do my hill reps there) which does hurt!

Stats were 14.75km @ 1:13:50 (4:59min/km) with average HR of 161.

Now that perplexes me a little, the avg hr is lower than a shorter/easier recovery run the day before!

Usually I'd have a deeper look through the Timex Bodylink data but for some reason the data did not upload correctly and was automatically deleted (I've changed that option now).

Just for extra benefit picked up a Pilates class today at lunch time, boy that is a good workout on the abs...

Rest day tomorrow (heaps of stuff to do around the house) and I've decided to be serious about the Nike run at Homebush now that the course has been revised slightly so no STaR Sunday morning and a concerted effort to lower the 10km PB, maybe even below 40min (I wish). A good hit out in prep for the Striders 10km at Lane Cove next Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck at the nike run!

- jeff