Thursday, November 04, 2004

Back to the physio

Despite the ice last night the hip/groin were still noticably tight and it was easy to stimulate/replicate cause and effect of pain.

Spoke with the physio when I got into the office at lunch time and booked for late afternoon appointment and also got a referal to a good sports doctor in case (made a booking for the next available appointment with him which is 2 weeks away). Still very worried (and just about convinced myself that I had a Sports Hernia).

Anyway after reviewing everything the physio seems convinced that it is a Hip Flexor strain/tendinitis. Recommendation is a complete break from pretty much everything for at least a week. So this means pretty much certainly no Striders 10km on Saturday or STaR on Sunday. Looking on the positive side at least this has happened before I was starting to get serious on the training program

So limited update for a little while until I actually have something to report.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ugh! that's tough to take. hope you recover well and get plenty of rest over the next week. there will be plenty of other 10k's.

hang in there!

- jeff