Monday, November 15, 2004

The Prognosis!

Monday morning and while there was a little tightness (I'll avoid using the words stiff and groin in the same sentence!) still felt pretty chipper but was off to the highly recommended sports doc Ken Crichton at Crows Nest.

Had a letter from the physio and then talked through whats been going on. He got me to do all sorts of left vs right standing exercises and then on the table for some hip/groin flexibility tests.

The end result is that he thinks I initially had an injury in the hip joint area which has subsided but the lower abs seem to have a strain from compensating for the initial injury. Some tenderness in the area where a sports hernia (do a google on that!) normally occurs but he did not have to scrape me off the ceiling and so thought it was unlikely.

The diagnosis, keep on with the core muscle stretches/exercises as already identified by physio, think about visiting an osteo for a hip alignment. If it does not keep on improving then in around 2 weeks head off for xrays/ultrasounds to check for more serious stuff.

The best news was that I could get running again, don't go crazy with big increases in mileage but speed sessions and races are also ok!!!!

Back into it tomorrow.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave - FitzCameron here (aka Alan from Gunn Runners) long story about how I found your blog...... Anyhow, I have been in contact with Action and he has pointed me in the direction of a Jones counter - really perturbed me when you and Gary both had 5084mtrs - hmmmmm.

As usual, it's good to see you when you're in town. I will let you know how I go when the course is re-measured (hopefully it's longer not shorter!)

Cheers