Thursday, September 29, 2005

Treadmill trauma

In an attempt to shake the body out of it's slothful recent behaviour I ventured to the gym last night for a treadmill session. Through the day I had been feeling a little average and hoped this workout might blow the cobwebs away.

After 2km warmup @ 5 min/km pace turned up the speed to 3:50 min/km

First rep over and I planned to reduce the rest time from half of the rep time (1:55) to 1:30.

Halfway through the third rep my lunch was starting to threaten to make a special return guest appearance which would not have been a good look so I jumped off. Had a break and then tried another rep @ 4 min/km with similar results so I then abandoned the speed stuff and did a couple of km warmdown @ 5 min/km pace and then thrashed the abs/core muscles instead.

A bit perplexing, obviously the shorter recovery made a BIG difference.

1 comment:

miners said...

I don't suppose the gym would tolerate such gastronomic behaviour - good idea to give it a rest. Maybe worry about the speed work again in a week or so?