Thursday, May 18, 2006

True Weir Run

Opted against heading to Timbrell this morning for 1km reps given Sunday's race and so decided to do the staple Weir Run with the intent of a couple of km at around Half Marathon Pace. Again a little cooler but still singlet weather at the moment. Trying to hold 4:15 pace back out of the weir without really extending myself was tough.

Stats
Distance 10.84
Time 50:19
Avg Pace 4:38
Avg HR 162

Was very interested to see how the 305 went in territory that the 301 always struggled. The results were amazing, the 305 tracked perfectly and so I am much more inclined to believe it's distance reading.

Thanks for all the comments and support for the half plan, now I just need to run it!

2 comments:

2P said...

I love hearing good 305 stories - they further justify the purchase decision...

Sounds like a good plan for SMH Dave particularly the bit about the consistent pace.

Ewen said...

Have heard the same from a mate down here. Only 'problem' is smaller numbers and indistinct beeps.

Good luck in the half Dave. The 4:15s sounds like a good plan.