Sunday, March 06, 2005

STaR - Western Wanderer

Have been looking forward to this STaR, a little flatter than most and one I have not done for the longer distances before. As usual a big 6am pack went out, it was actually quite cool standing around in running kit. Decided to run the 6:20 group, given the target pace of around 5 min/km.

Off we went and it was a pretty good sized group. A nice easy first km and then the hammer went down as they churned out a string of 4:30 min/kms. After about 8km I eased off the back with Action and a few others so I could actually make 20km! The speedsters kept on going but we regrouped to around 10. At one point we split as some wanted 20km and some 30km, I of course wanted about 25km so went my own way as well.

It was a bit of a push by myself but regrouped and upped the pace for the last couple of km back to around 4:30 (which is a planned Marathon Pace).

Ended up with 25km in 1:57:50 (avg pace of 4:43) and avg Hr of 156.

Slightly easier week this week as I mini taper for 6ft. The niggles continue and I want to settle them down a little.

No comments: