Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Recovery and test drive of 301

Monday off and the body needed it, surprisingly the sorest part is still the shoulders and upper back from the camelbak.

Wanted to get out and see what the body said to more running. In general it was a pretty good shakeout. First use of my "Birthday Pressie" a Garmin 301, needed to do a few test runs before my actual birthday (6 foot). Used one of my more usual runs, straight to the Lane Cove weir and back. Got down there pretty bang on what I did last time I ran. The legs felt fairly good but I did notice the odd twinges appearing from the sites of my more significant injuries (ie RH Soleus and LH ITB).

Ended up running the 11km in 54:19 (slowed down a little on the way back) for an average of 4:55 min/km and avg HR of 163. Some good stretching for the aforementioned twinges worked a treat on the ITB (also did the roller tonight). Backed up with ice on the RHS calf. Again the LHS calf with the problem last week was fine.

The 301 was absolutely brilliant! Now way I can go back to the bodylink now. Easier to use, less bits and much, much better software!

Undecided as to what to do tomorrow, leaning towards not doing Summer Series and just some straight line running.

3 comments:

J'Og said...

ugh. i picked up my 201 about four months before they released the 301. dagnabit! glad you're enjoying it!

so, what is six foot? i hear all you aussies talking about it...

Superflake said...

I love a new toy Dave. Have fun with that one. I'm still having fun with my Polar unit.

Jeff try www.sixfoot.com
It is a mean 45klm(28miles) forest based ultra. Feels like 60ks on the road.

Rob said...

Dave,
Thanks for your comment on my Blog.
I can see that I amgoing to have to think seriously about doing the 6' ( especially now that Horrie is doing it). It sure seems to be represent the major challenge for runners in Australia.

I am looking forward to getting over this hip injury aand getting down to Canberra.