I had read of a good run with circumnavigated the Las Vegas Airport, thus the adaption of the Airport Adventure title. Started out with the slow pieces of pedestrian bridges and stairs etc to cross the major intersections but pretty soon got into the groove as I headed along Tropicana towards the airport entrance. Turned right into Eastern and popped into a 7-11 for a Gatorade, belive it or not there were around 10 poker machines in the 7-11 and 2 people playing them at around 7am!!!!
Out underneath the final approach path with jets wizzing overhead and then along the Southern Perimeter (Sunset). Started to flag a little here, I think running with a bottle in my hand unsettled me a little. Finally turned North again along the Strip and back battling the increasing pedestrian traffic.
Here is the run route.

Stats
Distance 19.6km
Time 1:37:34
Avg Pace 4:58 min/km
Avg HR 168
The funky rh achilles/heel pulled up badly initially but at some point through the day I managed to "crack" some joints in the foot which relieved thingd considerably.
Shopping update - been a busy boy sussing out the factory outlets for bargains. One I could not go past was a pair of current (for Australia) Air Zoom Elite II @ USD 50 + tax which worked out to around AUD 70(seemingly current AUD RRP of around 200)!!! A good light weight trainer, similar to the Asics DS Trainer and a a planned purchase for my scheduled speed sessions.

Sorry to all requesting snapshots :
a) I sweat so much I would never try to run with a camera
b) I did not bring a camera
Rest day tomorrow, ice for funky foot is on the plan.
6 comments:
You must feel like you are running in another universe! Take care of that achilles!!!
They look very vast and very Vegas.
Nice pickup on the shoes Dave.
Vegas is so symmetrical like all US cities, the Google images are hilarious.
So are you taking orders on shoes Dave? ;-)
nice shoes mate - love the geometrically tidy run too
Hey, I was just wondering whether the mo was indeed a carry-over from the holiday, or was secretly part of your pre-vegas planning?
Just don't go cleaning any pools over there
Pretty shoes.
All sorts of Flying High gags were going through my mind to work in with the airport theme reading this one - but I will leave it alone....
Great stuff Dave.
An achillies problem - what is it? Well it's kind of a tendon that runs..... hehe couldn't resist ;-)
Post a Comment