Out for a gentle recovery session with the plan being 2 laps of Ryde Common. A bit of a mist around and certainly noticeable in the hollow along Badajoz Rd, decidely cooler there as well. A few other people out shuffling, but not as stylish as my shuffle!
Legs felt pretty good in general but still raised a bit of a sweat, despite the temperature and easier pace.
Stats
Distance 7.7km
Time 43:52
Avg Pace 5:41
Avg HR 150
So, the SMH Half.....
My previous 2 attempts have been half baked, still in the middle of post Canberra demotivation. I am much happier about my attitude this year.
2004 time was 1:38:15 with only 67km run between Canberra and SMH
2005 time was 1:36:08 with 118km between Canberra and SMH
This year I will have done about 230km post Canberra and I believe am much better recovered, both physically and mentally.
So still mulling over an actual goal but I would say I'll be gunning for that half PB set back in Arizona and if that is the case may as well aim for 89:59. A subset goal will be to get to the line in front of both seagull and professor in our own little battle that has been progressing this season so far.
The key to doing this will be running at a consistent pace, ie not out too hard! That in itself will prove a challenge......
6 comments:
Go the sub 90!!!!
You can do it Davo, I have great faith.
Set a goal pace, print a wristband and stick to it, but I know you love to go out hard Dave.
Good luck, see you Sunday.
4:15 KS no problem. You might have a bit of work making up the time if behind after coming out of the Domain. Go fo it Dave.
Good luck on Sunday Dave. I reckon you have definitely got a sub 90 in you. Agree with Spud that you probably need to hold back at the beginning and hold it steady. 4:15s all the way.
Go for it Dave - I know you can do it :-)
Nothing like a bit of friendly competition. Maybe the three of you can drag eachother along for a really great race.
Post a Comment