Saturday, May 28, 2005

Dave's Riding Blog??

After the chat with the physio I popped into my old stamping ground Clarence Street Cyclery for a few things to get the bike ready to ride. Last night did the repairs/tuning in prep for this mornings ride.

Decided to wait until there was enough light and was on the road just after 6:30, headed up through Ryde/Macquarie to cut across Lane Cove river on a bike path that I found out about a while ago which comes on Kissing Point Rd and leads up to Turramurra. From there down the Highway a little and then onto Bobbin Head Road for a nice descent and climb to Mt Colah. Man it was cold headed down the hill, lost all feeling in the finger tips (note to myself, wear full finger gloves next time). The climb is a nice steady pace all the way up. From there down through Hornsby then Pennant Hills, Beecroft and on the M2 to home. The run down from Mt Colah was good fast riding.

I really enjoyed getting out on the bike again, the circuit I did seems to have a good mix. The quads were just starting to fatigue as I headed home along the M2 so about right distance for now as well.

Stats, 54km in 1:58 which is around 27.4 kph average and an average HR of 151.

No pain at all from the glute, the rhs ankle also was quiet, will certainly do this again and more often!

No comments: