The last line in my last post says it all, "Woke up with a sore throat today, may have a run tonight will wait and see."
Pretty much downhill from there. Sore throat blew up badly and then attacked sinus and nasal passages. Several nights I went to bed with good intentions of getting up and running but simply did not feel capable in the morning.
Finally on Saturday the throat cleared, just leaving head cold type symptons. I had already discarded the idea of running the 25km SMC so it was a toss up between 10km @ SMC or the STaR. In the end 10km race won, thought being it would be a better gauge as to how I was "really" feeling.
Decided to head out at 4:05 pace and see what happens. Trailed about 5-10 metres behind Blue Dog for the first couple of km but slipped a bit up the hill. By the time I got to the turnaround it was starting to be a struggle and I pretty much bashed it home. Really tried to pick up the pace in the last km to minimal effect finishing in 44:26.
The run did seem to clear the head out initially, however I was quite sore in the lhs midsection, very similar to the incident about 2 weeks ago. After a day of shopping and mowing limping around finally got to do some lower back stretches which pretty much instantly seemed to reduce the pain (that or the voltaren I popped about 5 minutes after).
This week, not sure I'll take tomorrow as rest and see what Tuesday brings in the count down for SMH, will probably reassess the goal for SMH but lets not het too hasty!
1 comment:
Hope you shake off the cold Dave and you can get back and run well at SMH. See you there.
Post a Comment