The niggles seemed to subside yesterday after the ride, stretches and exercises so I decided to run the STaR, especially given it is one I have not run before.
Hit the snooze button on the alarm at 4:45 and then woke with a start at 5:15 so there went the relaxed prep. Instead quickly got dressed and out the door with a carbo drink and energy bar. Got the the start just as the 6:00 group headed off and parked and got myself sorted for the 6:10. A good little group with Spud, Professor, MikeF, Aunty Karin, a few other Striders and KT.
The course for this run starts at Queens Park, heads into Centennial Park then back on the other side of the park towards Tamarama before going all the way down the coast to Maroubra. While the glute was sore it did not seem to restrict me too much as we rolled along. The group stayed together until about 15km where the faster groups caught us at pretty much the same time.
The short cut was at Maroubra Beach and everyone split up, Spud/Professor going long, MikeF taking the "long" short cut, while KT and I opted for the "short" short cut. As we headed back a little inland a few nice hills and we caught small groups of Striders along the way. A consequence of this was I had been subconsciously upping the pace a little, with little problem.
End result was 22.9km in 2:04:11 (avg pace 5:25 min/km and avg hr 160). As I cooled down started to tighten up so did some lower back stretches, again managed to "pop" the pelvic area stretching to the right but also to the left this time and this made a MASSIVE difference! Now, although a little tight I am moving more freely than for the last couple of days.
Great run with good scenery and company, spent some time chatting after the run with all and sundry. Best of all I feel/hope that maybe I am over the worst of this glute problem. Still slight tendonitis on the RH ankle though.
No comments:
Post a Comment