Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Misty Morning

A little cooler this morning and there was a fine mist/fog in the Lane Cove National Park valley as I ran down to the weir. Not a soul in sight through the park, other than the usual 2 power walkers that I see pretty much every time I run through in the early mornings.

Back along the bike path from Macquarie Centre to Quarry Rd and added the diversion in through East Ryde so I could do my "favourite" Pittwater Road climb at the end. For a change my right achilles got a little tight about halfway through, other than that a good stretch out, nice undulating course (sporttracks says climb/fall of 100m) at a pretty good pace.

Stats 21.5km in 1:43:35 (avg pace 4:49, avg HR 158).

Shorter run tomorrow with some 100m strides, a recovery run on Friday and then much interest in the 10km Striders race at Lane Cove.

3 comments:

Spud said...

Dave, must of just missed you at LCNP this morning although I didn't get thru there until 7:30ish.

The weir has gotta be the coldest place in Sydney that time of the morning!

Bennyr said...

I love Sportstracks, Dave. I started using it when I read about it in your Blog. Much better than the Garmin software.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave, came across the blog searching google for "sydney marathon" google earth. I dont think well meeting at the drink stations (i'm what you might call a slow runner) but its nice to find antoher blogger training for the race.