Firstly thanks to all for the comments and encouragement!
Fear not, those who have been concerned and contacted me given no blogging. This is not due to illness or depression etc etc but just to being bloody busy with work.
The day after 6 ft I got home for a birthday lunch, where it was obvious I was still lurgified, this continued for a few days, meanwhile work ground on with quite a few committments. I was a little surprised with DOMs hitting on Monday, particularly in the calves. This has been taken into account in my retrospective mulling over the actual run and preparation.
I did manage to slip in a visit to Podrunner to pick up new inserts, as I had become more unhappy with the "old" ones, already I can notice a difference in just walking around in them!
I tend to agree with Don Juan's recent comment and have been focussed more on process/prep rather than how I flogged myself to the edge on the day. Bottom line, in the cold, hard light of day my prep, while better perhaps than last year, also let me down.
However, no morose, sad sack attitude here, lesson learned and tucked away for reference. Three weeks to go till Canberra and I am still in good condition to run ok there. I'm now looking ahead, without a clear goal (other than running 42.2km @ Canberra) but have more than a few ideas in mind. Also believe/hope that the frenetic work schedule will reduce slightly very shortly.
A nice head clearing run tomorrow with Striders as I guide the 7am group around the local area, perfect to clear the cobwebs and get used to the new inserts.
Thanks again to all readers/commenters, despite well meaning rumours about a red-bellied black snake I'm chipper and also seemingly over the dreaded extended lurgy phase 2.
Oh, final word on 6 ft 2006 :), Superflake and Miners, I'd be happy to have some company for 2007, but be warned, I'll be going hard :) :)
5 comments:
Enjoy your run with the Striders tomorrow Dave.
Wecome back Dave - you'll run a blinder next year I'm sure...take me with you, OK??
Never doubted for a minute.... they don't make striders presidents to break that easily ;-)
Seriously... can't wait for Canberra and will seee you for a big plate of pasta on Saturday night!
Never doubted for a minute.... they don't make striders presidents to break that easily ;-)
Seriously... can't wait for Canberra and will seee you for a big plate of pasta on Saturday night!
Look forward to reading about the big PB at Canberra ;-)
Post a Comment