Determined to get back on track today and also to rack up a bit of distance. Rather than doing some short fast stuff I opted for a 15km run at reasonable pace.
Fiddled around for quite a while last night trying to alleviate the blistering on the heel problem and put a variety of different solutions in place. The most significant being using a heat gun on the heel of the shoe to try and mould the cup a bit to fit where I am suffering. Also tried a new lacing technique and I'm posting some stuff on cool running to ask the experts.
As I headed out the door this morning another runner was headed past, going in the opposite direction to me. I had decided to try a different option today and turn right at the bottom of Scribbly's to run down to the weir, turn and then see how the time and body were going for a 20km option. Just as I was getting to the weir I saw the same runner from earlier headed in the other direction.
Grabbed a quick drink at the bubbler and headed up the 10km course towards Ryde Road. There were a lot of people out running this morning and as I neared the 2km mark I saw I was gaining on that same runner again, slowly but gaining. Eventually caught up to him at the 4km mark and we had a quick chat as we headed up the hill. Turns out it was a fellow Strider and Cool Runner Steve (Kanangra) who also lives in the area, but we had never met before. He was a little stronger on the hill than me but then we ran pretty much all the way back to my place.
Given my extra effort to catch him and then a pretty good pace for the rest of the run it was a fairly good session over a non-flat course. The stats
14.69km in 1:08:30 (avg pace 4:39 min/km) and avg HR of 167.
A change in my schedule tomorrow with a 5km recovery run in the morning and then probably a fairly fast Summer Series around Hunters Hill/Gladesville based at St Josephs. the plan will be to extend these Wed morning recovery runs out to 10km.
No comments:
Post a Comment