Not much to report actually.
Had a work retreat up at Sedona, it was cold there was snow on the surrounding mountains.
The work schedule & socialising pretty much made running impossible made an attempt to get up but it was still dark and cold and not enough time when the sun did come out as we were having breakfast sessions at 7:30.
Back to Scottsdale and my one major chance was stuffed up as I set the alarm wrong.
So after a long set of flights back home (Los Angeles to Sydney via Hong Kong) I was determined to get out on Sunday morning. Had to wait for the kids to stir so they knew I was home and eventually got out at around 9am. Man it was hot/humid. I felt really good for about the first 5km doing my 10km circuit in reverse so I could in a longer option if I felt like it. Wisely taking into account the heat I opted for the 10km and then pretty much straight away started to fade.
The run in either direction is a down and up run so you always get a nice hill headed home. This time it really hurt and I was contemplating walking it! Really struggled in the last km and was even starting to feel faint, noticed my HR was way up there for a shortish run so backed off.
A couple of cordials and then about 10 minutes under a cold shower made life feel a little better, I gues the combination of the heat and jet lag etc had more of an effect than I thought.
The stats 10.4 km in 49:30 (4:46 pace) but an average HR of 179!!
Now that I'm back in the Trances I also noticed the scar skin tissue on the heels did not like that so more remedial shoe action will be done.
Nothing this morning (Monday) as it was chucking it down with rain which killed the small amount of enthusiasm for running vs staying in bed and catching up on sleep.
Need to really sort myself out as January is over halfway and have now missed out on anumber of days.
No comments:
Post a Comment