Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Summer Series @ Dee Why

Another Wednesday and it is again Summer Series time, this week a beach side Australia Day treat as we run at Dee Why.

Quite a hot and sticky afternoon and the legs were feeling a little tight after the intervals yesterday afternoon.

A quick look at the map and 2 very obvious loops to be done, just which one first?

I opted for the North loop first and then try and squeeze in as many as possible from the South as time allowed.

Pretty simple initial route with 2, 3, 21, 13, 4, 12, 22, 5
Then running on the sand around the lagoon was a little taxing to pick up 23 & 11.

Back on normal ground and swept through 24, 1, 14, 6 and onto the coastal path. This was a lot slower than I was expecting and so after picking up 15 and 28 I opted to heap up a pretty steep gully to get to 7, rather than keep running further from the finish.

Down to 26 and then up (again) to 19 to be able to get to 18. Up again to 27 and time is tight but Murphy steps in and I take a wrong turn, start trying to work through thick bush and lose around 4 minutes in finally getting to 27. Now to compound things there was a path unmarked on the map which I took so headed towards 9 thinking I was getting 20. Sussed this out and was way out of time so collected 10 and 25 on the way back.

Ended up with 470 but all the messing around at 27 saw me back late with 80 points deducted to end up with a net of 390, not good enough! A copy of the map with my route is here



The stats 9.5km in 54 minutes gives avg pace of 5:40.

No comments: