Not a good end to the week. My LHS calf developed a nasty "twinge" Thursday evening which I traced back to earlier in the day. After running in the morning I popped into the city at lunchtime to pick up my CR gear order from Kevin. The bus I was on was running a little late so when I got off I jogged a couple of blocks in my work shoes so I did not keep him waiting. Seemed to be the only thing I can think of that caused it. Ice and Voltaren applied and opted not to run on Friday (was going to do 10km). Had a massage on Friday from one of the new masseurs in the gym below my office and she was great, actually knew about running and did some excellent trigger point manipulation of the calf and also (as a bonus) found a "knot" in my RHS gluts/piris which she worked away. Well worth the visit and I'll be looking for her again in the future.
Despite making progress on the calf decided I did not want to blow it out on a speed session 5km on Saturday morning and so wrapped the week. Ended up with 57km, when it should/would have been around 70km. Parrot predictor says a marathon time of 3:11:36
No comments:
Post a Comment