After further introspection and obsessive analysis I determined that not only was I running my long interval sessions incorrectly, the same could be said for the shorter & faster sessions.
So today I decided to hop back on the treadmill.
10 x 500m @ 1:45 (3:30 pace) with same time standing recovery. This felt like a good speed form session and for the last one I even upped the speed to 3:25 pace. The goal of the session is to get the legs used to moving faster but to also push the cardiovascular system towards the later reps at keeping those fast legs moving.
The closest I have come to a session like this was back in early December with 6 x 400 @ 1:22 (3:26 pace), so longer and more reps at a slightly slower pace.
Pretty happy with that, next time I'll drop them down to 3:25 pace.
Recovery/easy run tomorrow in prep for the Striders 10km on Saturday am.
2 comments:
Looking good for Saturday at Lane Cove. Good to see the little twinge from Sundays STaR was nothing serious. See you at the weir, hopefully not flooded.
Ha good race tomorrow! LL
Post a Comment