After much analysis and discussion in the CR chatroom I opted to forego the usual rep session for a slightly longer run. Main reason being the tightness I was still feeling in my upper quads, did not want to blow out another "hard" session.
Thus headed out early for at least 15km. Felt pretty good after a couple of km so decided to up the ante and include some fartlek pieces, running harder up each (of the many) hills on this run.
The end result was the 15km done in 1:11:15 (4:45 pace) and avg HR of 161. This was a time over 1 minute quicker than what I have sone previously on the same course so the extra focus on hill exertions showed without blowing out my avg HR.
Plan for tomorrow is a gentle 5km to blow the cobwebs out and then a real hard tempo style session with Summer Series @ Dennistone East (nice and hilly and mostly street based)
No comments:
Post a Comment