Early morning meeting on Tuesday meant no run and so though the day I contemplated how I would have a serious run. Then I remembered the Lane Cove River Rats run Tuesday night through LCNP (on the Striders 10km course) and since Jim normally runs with them I checked with him if it was still the case.
Sure was, kicking off at 5:45 just as the sun vanished, so a new experience running in the dark (no street lights) some of the other guys had led style lights on, something to think about for next time.
Jim suggested I latch on behind the main group as they were a "little more my pace"! So off we go, these guys all knew each other and I was content to just hang around at the back as the pace was pretty good. Held on all the way up Scribbly and until the Rangers hut on the climb to the gates, a few of them had also slipped off by then as well. Pretty impressed the 5km mark was done in around 21:44. Caught back up on the downhill but slowly drifted off on the little pinch climbing up from the bridge. From there I just tried to focus on form/breathing and seeing where I was going on the run back to the weir/finish. Ended up in 43:30, quite a quick time for not racing and an average HR of 171.
Might have to do more runs with these guys (a few were CR's) but it is not an easy run to schedule in with trying to sort out family dinners etc.
Woke up with a sore throat today, may have a run tonight will wait and see.
1 comment:
Sore throat? Don't like the sound of that, ORunner....gargle your throat with warm salted water; always fixes mine! LL
Post a Comment