After Sunday I've been icing and applying gel to the achilles area.
On Monday it seemed the pain had mostly gone away, until I started walking too far. Managed to get in to see the physio at short notice. Observations were :
- calf muscles still bloody tight, even after the massage last week and accupuncture
- very hard to generate any pain, doing calf raises or things like that
- only seemed to be able to get pain when pushing off big toe
So diagnosis is tendonitis of the Flexor Hallucis Longus which can also be associated with shin splints (aha) and maybe even stress fractures.
So I opted out of running this morning after more ice and voltaren last night. The leg has been feeling a little funny today, sort of like a hot flash sensation sometimes. I'll see how it feels tomorrow and might head out for a shorter recovery style run and see what happens.
5 comments:
Doesn't sound too good Dave - but there was that PB at strider's to counter the pain. Hope you're going to be right by the weekend
You got me. Hope it gets better Dave and you can run without too much pain on Sunday.
geez, we are dropping like flies!! Dave, Voltaren Rapid the little pills are great, get on them for a few days, and just rest, trust me running through this will just make it worse.
Lessen the damage now so Sydney is still a goer. See you Sunday pal (hopefully)
OOh what crap luck Dave.
Hope the icing and NSAIDs are working. Take care and I look forward to your Sunday race report :)
Haven't heard how the injury's going Dave - hope it's OK.
Really just wanted to say that for the first time I actually noticed you're a fan of Point Break - always love a surfing movie. Is it wasn't for the fact I want to shove that surfboard up Keanu's nose every time I watch, it may have even been a favourite of mine too
Post a Comment