Friday, August 19, 2005

Tough going

Thursday was supposed to be a medium long run but I was knackered from the trip down in Melbourne and just was not going to get out of bed so opted for an afternoon run instead. I kinked my neck last week and just as it was recovering managed to do the same again yesterday and it is becoming quite frustrating as well.

Got home, laced up and headed out, the lh hammie is still a bit tight and shins also felt sore. Ended up doing my 14.5km loop but the whole run felt like a struggle, maybe the C2S and then the 1km rep session catching up on me?

Stats 14.5km in 1:09:41 (avg pace 4:48, avg HR 163) so a good pace even if I felt crappy.

This morning was again a struggle to get up and there is still some tightness in the body so with a 35km race tomorrow I wimped out and decided for a rest day. Seems to be a trend for me recently but I'm hoping the quality I have put in for the base miles, coupled with some good races and speed sessions will hold me in good stead. Also going back to the accupuncture clinic today after consuming another dose of that hideous ginger broth last night. Hopefully she can do something for the neck, the good news is not a peep from the achilles so that seems to be fixed!

1 comment:

miners said...

Gee Dave, it's hard to get rid of an injury. Even when it creeps off from the achilles it manages to find another part of your body to inflict itself! Hope the neck's better soon mate