Friday, February 11, 2005

The Good, Bad and Ugly

Keeping a blog is all about the title.

It is great to write up on the good days, like my run at Arizona.

You need to record the bad things, like my injury.

Well today was just ugly....

Firstly did a "recovery" run yesterday afternoon, down to the weir at Lane Cove National Park and back. Close to 12km in 57:16 (4:52 min/km) and avg HR of 160.

This morning a longer distance interval session was scheduled, aiming for 1km reps @ 3:55 like 2 weeks ago. I felt a little tight from the week's efforts during the warm up run to the gym. The first 2 reps were ok, but I could sense it was a little struggle. I decided to shift to 500m reps and did a couple more but really felt drained so aborted the session and did a good warm down.

A tough week and given the hard/hilly Equaliser cross country race on Sunday I am also going for a full recovery/rest day for tomorrow.

Weekly distance 70km and Parrot says a slower 3:34 this week.

3 comments:

Horrie said...

Sounds like the end to a pretty tough week's training. Your recovery run yesterday was probably a little too quick to enable you to hit the mark today. You really have to feel fresh and be ready to go on speedwork days. We don't want another injury before 6 Foot and Canberra Dave. Then it will only be a matter of time before you go sub 40.

Jen said...

A bit of rest OR and you'll be fresh and feeling good on Sunday. Enjoy your rest day tomorrow ! Horrie is right - 6ft and Canberra are not that far away now.

Dave said...

Thanks for the support guys!

Yes I sort of knew that yesterday was a little too fast/long but thought I'd be able to handle it.

Fear not I'll rest up on Sat and be ready for a great hit out on Sunday!