Friday, February 18, 2005

Too much speed is barely enough

Back to the gym to redeem myself after last Friday's aborted interval session.

This time the flavour is 500m and to spice it up a little we're upping the pace from the 3:30 min/km last time to 3:25 min/km. Goal is 10 and around 1:40 standing rest.

I get to knock out 8 this week which in hindsight is pretty good, given my 10 from the last session of 500's was a little slower.

Add a few warmup/down km and that finishes the week. Total distance this week was 68 and that is without a 30km STaR on Sunday. Parrot predictor thinks 3:18:12 for a marathon.

Rest tomorrow to get fresh for 25km at SMC on Sunday. I'll be aiming to run at optimum target pace for Canberra (ie 4:15 min/km pace) and see what happens. If I can't do this then target time at Canberra will be revised accordingly.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Looks like your pace has returned. Good luck with the SMC race on Sunday.