Another new session and time for a another new benchmark with the 30'30 session.
The concept is to run pretty much flat out for 30 sec, a recovery jog for 30 sec and then repeat until you are knackered.
One thing about this is it is pretty hard to "measure" the session but I tried anyway :)
Managed 15 reps and a rough distance according to the gps was averages of 136m fast and 77m jog. This came out to around 3:40 pace which would not be too far from the truth.
Rotary park seems to be open again, or at least I did not see any signs to the contrary. However the after effects of the maintenance work are still there with quite a bit of dirt on the track. About halfway through my session Spud showed up and started on 400m reps.
The calves/shins felt a little tight on the warmdown run back home but hey, I've run 7 out of the last 8 days and have not done that for a while. Finally also seemed to have my blister problem on both heels sorted out, the left being much better after I drained the fairly large blister last night.
So I've done my first 30/30 not sure if it will be a favourite but will mix it in for variety. Now for the last Summer Series of this year at Balmoral and trying to plan a route on the slopes without too much up being repeated. Found out yesterday that I finished 3rd at Ermington, only 30 points behind one of the "guns" so I'm back and on the improve!
1 comment:
Ah the famed 30/30s. Good lung burster hey?
Sorry I didn't get to chat this morning Dave, but as you know on the 6th rep of 8 it's hard to just breath. ;-)
Might see you at the CR 5km.
Post a Comment