Back to Smithfield to exorcise some demons from my last DNF but running the 10km today in a somewhat vain attempt to knock off the 40min 10km goal.
Quite a field and everyone was pretty scattered from the start. I was a little slow off the line, which is a change for me, but settled into a fairly good rhythm about 5-10 m behind Horrie who was a similar distance behind MPHaz, Lone Wolf and Superflake. Started to drift going up the hill and could not reinstate the pace going down the other side. A pretty similar story on the way back, keeping Horrie in sight but seemingly unable to pick up the pace. Finished with 43:30 and was just in front in the end of Mr G with an awesome performance to back up after the Ultra last weekend.
The funny thing is, I actually could have kept on running at that pace for a while, so speed and hills will still need the focus. While it was slower (much) than hoped for looking at it optimisticly I seem to have recovered from the groin problem and I also did the race off the back of my first serious training week for quite a while
Splits were
1 4:09 4:09
2 3:56 8:05
3 4:07 12:12
4 4:14 16:26
5 4:39 21:05
6 4:39 25:44
7 4:39 30:23
8 4:18 34:41
9 4:28 39:09
10 4:21 43:30
Good time at the end spent chatting with various Cool Runners and Striders, in particular introduced myself to Ray and had a good talk about training and prep for Canberra.
I'll save my 2004 review and 2005 preview for later this week the goal is another consistent week of running, starting with a recovery 10km tomorrow morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment