Time to get serious here and so up at 6 to do a quick warmup jog down to Rotary Park. As I leave it is slightly drizzling. When I get to the park I do a few stretches etc and then notice how much I am sweating after a 1km warm up, man it was humid!
The plan today is my maiden set of 400's and so headed off. The times were
82.44
83.21
80.82
81.31
82.33
84.22
After the last set I was pretty much a basket case and about the same time Spud and his mate from work Padraig (?) showed up for km reps. At that point I could not even remember how many reps I had done so that was enough and I did a couple of warm down laps and headed home.
Pretty happy for that to be my line in the sand starting point 6 x 400m @ 82.39 avg with approx 82sec standing recovery.
Update on the injury saga, had ultrasounds and xrays yesterday. The guy that did it is supposed to be the 'guru' on groins and was very meticulous. From what he told me there is nothing massively obvious that is causing my problems but there is a "slight" bulge near my pain spot when I load my abs. I'm beginning to think that it's something that I'll live with while I continue to rehab/strengthen etc but have to wait for next week to confirm with the sports doctor. The delays in getting appointments is quite frustrating and I'm learning a few tricks for next time (hopefully neve!).
I think the acid test will be a hard race pace hit out over say a half, so SMC will probably be my litmus test. I've managed 5km races, hilly 30km training runs, 8-9km tempo/fartleks and now 400m intervals not much left to do under injury....
Summer series tomorrow night and it's pretty much in my backyard!
2 comments:
good luck tomorrow!
glad to hear that the injury is livable.
Must have just missed you, mate - I finished up a tick after 6:30, doing 30/30s.
Good to hear you're starting to come good (albeit gradually).
Post a Comment