Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Back on track

Christmas time is always going to drawn out for our family.

Christmas day at Justine's mums with her family, boxing day with my family and now we have Isaac's birthday on the 27th! I'm pretty much partied/eaten /drunk out! The kids had a great time and Isaac soon worked out what the deal was (he is 2) and was an expert at pressie unwrapping by the end of yesterday.

Anyway back to the running, I was hoping to get out on boxing day but it was just going to be to hard to do, I could stil have done it, but the wrath of the wife would not have been worth it as she would then have had to prep for my family lunch by herself.

So I had 2 days off but snuck out yesterday mid morning for my 15km Tour de Ryde! A nice undulating course to keep you honest and it was quite a warm/humid day as well.

For some reason the Timex watch had a problem with avg pace tracking today after I stopped/started early in the run so I switched to just monitoring my splits. Felt pretty cruisy pacing along at just under 5 min/km pace.

The stats
14.9 km in 1.13.11 (avg pace of 4.54 min/km) and avg hr of 164.

A sleep in this morning and tidying up/shopping to replenish the shelves etc cut out a morning run. Late in the afternoon the opportunity came up to head out, opted for the gym for a 1km interval session on the treadmill but the gym was closing up when I got there. Ran back home (the gym is only about 500m away!) and dropped off the towel etc and headed around the corner for hill reps. The problem in this was I forgot what I was doing for recovery times after the reps but opted to have 2 min jog down/backs.

Knocked out 8 reps @ avg of 85.8 secs which was pretty much the same as I did 2 weeks ago. However I found out when I got home that last time I actually had an extra 30 secs recovery on the way back down, so certainly a harder session today with similar times a nice improve on the benchmark.

Back to work tomorrow and no Summer Series so yet to work out what I'll do yet.

No comments: