Yes folks after an offer from Spud to go for a ride, I went to the garage and dusted of the trusty road bike. It hasn't seen the pavement in around 4 years but the tyres/tubes were still ok and after a quick spit & polish it looked brand new (which it pretty well is anyway!).
The plan was to meet up at the Delhi Rd on ramp but I waited near the middle and Spud and his workmate cycled by below as they came up from Lane Cove. Sort of realised this a little late so headed off by myself. The first couple of km was really wierd, been a long time since I have been on a true road bike but, hey you never forget how to ride a bike.
Rode up to Windsor Rd and return, quite a bit faster on the way back it seemed and finished off with 33km and avg speed of 31.2km/hr. Decided to focus on technique rather than speed and as such sat in the lower gears with a cadence of around 100rpm. Pretty happy with the ride and I'm sure I'll do more, purely for cross training purposes off course :)
Was so excited by the ride that I decided to do my intervals today as well, knowing it would be very unlikely to do any running tomorrow after drinks tonight.
Over to the gym at lunch for the regular 1km intervals with half the time standing rest. I decided to up the ante to try and get more leg speed so went from 3:50 min/km last time to 3:40 min/km today. Very happy with the results, did the same distance as my last 3:50 set which was around 4.7km, I do have a problem hanging on when things are really grim. But another positive is again the injury was not very noticable. The standing rest was 1:50.
Still doing the ultrasound on Monday just to eliminate any possible major problems lurking in the background.
Next run is the STaR up the beaches, not sure whether I'll wimp out at 25km or push on for the 30km, will depend on the pace that the 6:10 sets out at I suppose.
No comments:
Post a Comment