A late night last night with work committments and also heading down to the fish market to pick up tomorrow's lunch saw me finally get to bed at around 1:30am. At around 2:30 the wife poked me in the ribs as my mobile was ringing, ah the joys of working for a US based company....
Hit the snooze button and finally got up when yet another US based call came through, too late to go for a run now so I decided to try at lunch time.
The great thing about working in North Sydney is the accessibility to the scenic harbour so I ran across the bridge, onto the Cahill, down to the Opera House and then arounf Lady Macquaries chair up to St Mary's and then everything in reverse. Felt really good on the way out and then (yet) again started to develop a blister on my right heel. This is really starting to irk me, I'm headed back to the podiatrist as this has only started since the new orthotics.
Anyway it was quite warm and humid but I pushed it out coming bakc up and did just under 15km in 1:11:39 (4:50 pace) which considering the struggle yesterday is a good turnaround.
End of the training week for me, tomorrow is a designated rest day!
59km for the week, and the "Parrot predictor" says a 3:19:54 marathon time!
It will be a struggle to do a quality week next week but we'll wait and see.
Merry Christmas to all who actually devote themselves enough to read my ramblings and get to the end of this post :)
2 comments:
Well, I read right to the end and not a bit bored!
What a scenic run! Hope the blister has healed & that you have a good day tomorrow....Xmas Day! LL
Thanks LL!
A very Merry Christmas to yourself and Mr LL, a hectic day tomorrow with the three kids 6/4/2 and I'm just about finished playing Santa!
Post a Comment