Some pretty heavy work committments saw a late night Sunday, followed by an early start on Monday and another full day so pretty much impossible to get out for a run. Tuesday was not much better with the sound of heavy rain easing the guilt somewhat as I drove to the airport to fly to Melbourne.
The good news is I got a gig to go to the Australian Open Tennis, which involved drinks and dinner in a corporate marquee, a behind the scenes tour of Rod Laver arena and then prime seats at the night session. We got to watch Martina Hingis pretty effectively demolish a russian girl. I was a little taken aback as Hingis was a lot smaller than I had imagined from TV shots.
From there it was Phillippousis vs Grosjean and again I was amazed at how big Scud was, he towered over the frenchman. Unfortunately scud's game was very eratic, some absolute booming serves but very inconsistent and lots of unforced errors. Anyway lots of fun, but not much running on my behalf!
1 comment:
Lucky you to get to the tennis. I'd love to go again this year but I don't get any corporate gigs working for myself! I know what you mean about the players looking different in real life. I saw Agassi play and was surprised at how small he is.
Post a Comment