Thanks to all that commented some answers to the various questions.
Horrie - very unlikely I'll do the rogaine given it is only 2 weeks out from the big show, likewise for Blue Dog's proposed Orchard run. Colin and I had along talk about tapering etc and I think such long runs/efforts 2 weeks out will do more harm than good.
Electrolytes - About 30 min before I started I drank and Endura Opti and actually I had an Endura electrolyte replacement in the camelbak, slightly diluted. I think this made a big difference against when I raced as yesterday I did not even get a twinge of a cramp where as in the race I started cramping up Mini Mini and then all the way to the finish. Thinking about it more I think the powerbar I had at the river caused some of the problem, I should have washed it down with more water from the tank while we were stopped. Potentially this caused part of the digestion of fluid problems.
Condition of track - Spud, given this was only my second time through here and the first time I was pretty smashed by the top of Pluvi I did not notice much. Colin did not that he felt the track was rockier and his feet/toes are a bit beat up today. I was very happy with my shoes etc, no blisters whatsoever and that is with running right through all teh creek crossings.
I have pulled up pretty well, plenty of fluids and a massage today. Interesting to note, after all the rehydration and dinner last night I lost more weight (73.8kg this morning and 74.2kg when I got home yesterday). Seems the body was buring energy/fat while I slept!
Plan for a steady medium distance run tomorrow before Summer Series Wednesday, probably back to hill reps Thursday with a recovery run on Friday as taper for the first Striders 10km at Lane Cove Saturday morning.
4 comments:
Hmmm burning fat while you sleep... that sounds like a good plan :-)
thanks for the comments and encouragement! I am going to try and maintain for a while at my recent efforts to get stronger- then I am not sure what Sean has in store... probably more of the same- hard work :-) I will see you Saturday :-0 Lanecove *gulp*
I know a few girls that would kill for the weight loss technique you have stumbled on - you could make a fortune!
Interesting thought about the power bar. I'd just had a gel and had powerade in my backpack. Maybe those two do not mix well.
Do you mind one more question Dave?
I was wondering about how strong the Endura in your camelbak was? And did that mean you didn't carry any straight water? Doesn't the Endura make you feel a little thirsty?
Whoops, it was more than one question :-)
Post a Comment